Thursday, July 31, 2008

Life ain't complete without no summur vaycayshun


"Summur Vaycayshun" is how it's said in South Carolina.  Well, it sounds like that here in Virginia too.  Myrtle Beach became a summer vacation spot for me in 2004.  It was my first time in the actual "south", it was the place Michael proposed to me (Cherry Grove pier to be exact), it was the trip I asked my new family to make way to South of the Border...and now our annual vacation spot.  Michael's family had been going to MB for almost 20 years.  Now that we have nieces old enough to enjoy the water activities it gets better and better every year.  I was a little cynnical about the place at first because I was a little insecure about not seeing brown people like me.  Sure, I felt a little out of place and still do but, what the heck.  It's a good time to get away and spend time with the Ivey's.  It also has some great shopping and very pretty beaches.  The vacation agenda included:  Major mall hopping, Beaching, Lazy Rivering, Ripley's Aquarium (stingray fountain doing something to my head), 3D movie with some Dave Matthews, Antique Shopping, flae marketing  seeing the Zohan, Modest Mouse concert, a lot of eating, Murrell's Inlet, and early AM exercising on the beach of course. 

No comments: