Monday, October 13, 2008

Richmond folk fest style





If you have never been to the Folk Fest you know it is good times (and yummy food). There's music, crafts, culture, food (wait, said that) and a lot of diversion from the everyday hoopla in and around Richmond. This was a place you could experience what I love most, exposure to cultures other than our own and tolerance. I love mexican folk art and there was even some of that there too. I resisted the mm mm good funnel cakes and opted for a gigantic vegan cookie and greenades green tea. I think I loved the go-go that EVERYONE was dancing to, young and old, black, white, asian, etc. It was great. It took a little getting used to: Richmonders dancing to go-go. But I won't be a snob about it, I wasn't dancing. I was a spectator having a good time. Here are some pics to share.

No comments: